Time to publish another awesome W:ET map, made by WuTangH.
This guy I’ve known for a “few” years, and have to say he has develped alot as an leveldesigner! Could say, Lays Of Schwarzwald is his masterpiece in my eyes. 😉
WuTangH posted aswell this map on Splashdamage, so of course I will publish it here also.
~~~~~ Lays of Schwarzwald B1 ~~~~~
The style I chose to work with is a summer, 1940’ european forest village.
It is situated in the woods of famous Schwarzwald forests, where axis team run a secret weapon project to develop a new kind of rocketbombs.
Allies objective is to overrun the village and secure tunnels inside mountains with tank. Their next mission is to ambush axis rocketbomb factory and destroy everything whats worth.
○ Gameplay explanation:
After allies pass the 1st part of village, the tank will destroy tunnel doors, which will give Allies access to a Command Post placed in the middle of tunnels.
- If they manage to construct the CP, axis will loose their spawn and will be forced to spawn far back in the Rocketbase.
- If axis destroy the constructed allied CP, they will gain a foward spawn until Allies construct the CP again, or escort their tank thru the whole tunnel system. After the tank is escorted, Axis can not gain foward spawn anymore (not even with Command Post).
With tank at its final position, the map permanently moves to its final part – the Rocketbase.
Here, Allies will have to bring 4 dynamites and place them around the rocketbomb to blow up the base.
Allies: Primary Objective:
- Escort the Tank through the Village and destroy the Tunnel Gate.
- Primary Objective: Escort the Tank through the tunnels to parmanently push Axis to the Rocket Base.
- Primary Objective: Bring all four Explosion Materials to the Rocket. Primary
- Objective: Build the Detonator to blow up the Rocket Base.
- Primary Objective: Blow up the Rocket Base using the constructed Detonator.
- Secondary Objective: Do not let Axis construct the Tank Barrier.
- Secondary Objective: Construct the Command Post to take partial control over the tunnels.
Axis: Primary Objective:
- Prevent Allies from completing their objective.
- Secondary Objective: Construct the Tank Barrier.
- Secondary Objective: Construct the Command Post.
○ Special thanks for help and feedback:
Kemon – ‘directly’ for nice textures. For example asphalt, or trunk texture on trees.
Then Mateos, Thunder, [UJE]Niek, Ray, Loffy, Macchute, ryven, Ensiform, Aranud, Aciz, hatcher, JoNny, Old-Owl, and all others (mostly from Discord…) that I talked to while I was making this map.
And at the end of this post, I want to congratulate to mr. Macchute to his winning and his beutiful map, and mr. Kemon to his 2nd place… and beutiful map.
I would also like to thank organizers of this nice map contest, because otherwise I would be lazy to work on such a big map, and it would probably never exist, and thank to all participants so we had some fun together.
Waypoints Lays Of Schwarzwald (6 downloads)
Souce: WuTangH on Splashdamage