Modern Warfare Season 1 First Details Announced – Fan Favorite Maps And More
Infinity Ward is shifting to a Season structure for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, as they have removed the Season Pass model for this year’s game.
Season 1 will officially begin on December 3 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Activision says that not all content in the graphic will be released on December 3. Note that some of this content may drop later than the Season One start date of December 3, and additional content may be added to Season One.
Here’s the high level overview of what’s coming throughout the course of Season 1:
- Two New Operators: Mara and Nikto
- Teaser for a potential new equipment (Gas Barrel)
- New 6v6 MP Maps:
- Crash – The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant – An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (6v6 Map & Gunfight Map) – The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- New Ground War Maps
- Port – Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- New 2v2 Gunfight Maps
- Cargo – An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium – The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
- And more
- New MP Modes:
- Reinforce – A hybrid of Dom and S&D, a single-life mode with both teams competing for control of three flags.
- Gunfight OSP – A tactically rich 2v2 mode with a twist: Begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.
- Infected – It’s hunt or be hunted in this survival party game mode!
- New Special Ops:
- Bomb Squad – Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded – Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black – Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward – Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
- And more
- New Weapons
- RAM-7 – Introducing a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle with integrated picatinny rails at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- Holger-26 – LMG spec of the Holger model rifle, with integrated sight rail and drum magazine for additional ammunition-carrying capacity.
Season 1 of Modern Warfare also brings the brand new Battle Pass system with both a free and premium track for players to earn cosmetic content in the game. This is the new system which replaces Loot Boxes.
Activision says in a blog post that “everyone” can earn some free content including the base versions of the new weapons.
Every single member of the Modern Warfare community can earn some of the tiers within the forthcoming battle pass system, including cosmetic items and two new base weapons.